Which Pokemon Can Learn False Swipe
Pokemon battles can be intense and thrilling, but sometimes trainers want to capture wild Pokemon without causing them harm. That’s where the move False Swipe comes in. False Swipe is a unique move that allows trainers to weaken wild Pokemon without knocking them out. In this article, we will explore which Pokemon can learn False Swipe and how this move can be a valuable tool for trainers.
What is False Swipe?
False Swipe is a Normal-type move introduced in Generation II of the Pokemon games. It is a physical move with a base power of 40, but it will always leave the target with at least 1 HP. This makes it ideal for capturing wild Pokemon, as it ensures that the target Pokemon will not faint during the battle.
Pokemon that Can Learn False Swipe
While False Swipe is not a move that all Pokemon can learn naturally, there are several Pokemon that can learn it through leveling up, breeding, or using Technical Machines (TMs). Here are some notable Pokemon that can learn False Swipe:
- Scyther: Scyther is a Bug/Flying-type Pokemon that can learn False Swipe through leveling up. It evolves into Scizor when traded while holding a Metal Coat.
- Heracross: Heracross is a Bug/Fighting-type Pokemon that can learn False Swipe through leveling up. It is known for its powerful physical attacks.
- Gallade: Gallade is a Psychic/Fighting-type Pokemon that can learn False Swipe through leveling up. It has a unique design and is known for its strong offensive capabilities.
- Breloom: Breloom is a Grass/Fighting-type Pokemon that can learn False Swipe through leveling up. It is a popular choice for trainers looking to capture wild Pokemon.
- Absol: Absol is a Dark-type Pokemon that can learn False Swipe through leveling up. It has a high base Attack stat and is often used as a physical attacker.
These are just a few examples of Pokemon that can learn False Swipe. There are many more Pokemon that can learn this move, so trainers have a variety of options when it comes to building a team for capturing wild Pokemon.
Strategies for Using False Swipe
While False Swipe is a useful move for capturing wild Pokemon, trainers should also consider other factors when using this move. Here are some strategies to keep in mind:
- Pair False Swipe with a status-inducing move: To increase the chances of capturing a wild Pokemon, trainers can use False Swipe in combination with a move that inflicts a status condition, such as Sleep or Paralysis. This will make the target Pokemon easier to catch.
- Use False Swipe on Pokemon with high HP: False Swipe will always leave the target with at least 1 HP, so it is most effective when used on Pokemon with high HP. This ensures that the target Pokemon will not faint before the trainer has a chance to capture it.
- Consider the type effectiveness: False Swipe is a Normal-type move, so it may not be as effective against certain types of Pokemon. Trainers should be aware of the type matchups and adjust their strategy accordingly.
False Swipe is a valuable move for trainers who want to capture wild Pokemon without causing them harm. With a variety of Pokemon that can learn this move, trainers have options when it comes to building a team for capturing wild Pokemon. By using strategies such as pairing False Swipe with status-inducing moves and considering type effectiveness, trainers can increase their chances of successfully capturing wild Pokemon. So, next time you encounter a rare Pokemon in the wild, remember the power of False Swipe!